Are you looking for a quick way to revamp your website or improve your SEO rankings? There’s no better way to do it than by starting a blog. Having a blog on your company website can give you a great many benefits that can both better your online presence and improve your reputation in the eyes of customers.
Here are just a few of the ways a blog can give you an edge over the competition:
1. It adds SEO power. Adding regular, fresh content to your site is one of the biggest ways you can ensure you stay at the top of the SEO rankings. A blog makes this easy. You simply add a new entry, post or news update, and search engines are pinged to crawl your site. They’ll see new, unique content, and start indexing it to display to future searchers. Plus, as an added bonus, each blog post you create makes a new link, and the more links you have, the better chance there is you’ll show up in search. It’s a win-win!
2. It shows expertise. Part of the beauty of a blog is that it allows you the freedom to write about anything you want – anything at all that’s important to you, your brand or your company. This affords you and unbelievable opportunity to position yourself as a thought leader in your industry and really show off your expertise. If you’re dog trainer, use your blog to discuss training techniques, the learning capacities of different dog breeds, and other interesting info that shows you really know your stuff. If you run a furniture store, your blog could feature decorating tips, trend alerts and details on different styles of chairs, tables or sofas. Whatever it is, make sure it’s relatable to your business, useful to your customers and full of information that shows you’re a true expert.
3. It provides value. While your website is probably great at describing your company, your services and your team members, what value does that really provide your visitors? In truth, probably not much. A blog can help you change all that. Through a blog, you can give your customers valid takeaways each and every time they visit your site. They’ll come away with newfound knowledge, helpful tips or just more information on a subject they were curious about. Next time they need a product or service your company provides, you can bet they’ll remember the great blog post they read, and they’ll give you a call.
4. It keeps your site current. Websites can get stale fast, especially if customers are forced to view it regularly. A blog can help you keep your site fresh and unique every time a user visits. If possible, display your blog posts somewhere on the homepage of your site, so upon each visit, customers can see the changes you’ve made. And remember, if you’re strapped for time and don’t have the spare minutes to write out a full blog post, simply add in a quick news update about an upcoming sale, new product or company announcement. Keeping your site current is tantamount!
5. It lets you connect with your customers. Much like social media, a blog affords you a unique opportunity to connect with your customers. It breaks down that barrier between company and client, and gives them a unique look into your people, your brand and your company as a whole. When you run a blog, always be sure to enable comments. Then, customers can ask questions, react or just give you general feedback regarding your posts. They’ll appreciate being able to interact with you on a one-on-one level and, in turn, they’ll feel even more connected to your brand.
The best part about blogs? Setting one up is super easy. Most content management systems allow for the addition of a blog with just a few clicks of a button. If you’re not on a CMS, integrating a WordPress blog, or even linking out to a free one, are always options, too. In fact, if you’re looking to add a blog, the Steadfast team can help you out. We can integrate the blogging platform into your site and even provide content assistance. Just shoot us an email!